Although you don’t live in East Kent, these changes may affect you so the NHS is asking for your views too especially if you use any of the following:
- Haemophilia outpatient services
- Neurological rehabilitation (Swale CCG patients)
- Acute Renal service
- Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (pPCI)
- Paediatric surgery (e.g. dental extractions)
The potential options
No decisions have been made and the proposals are still being developed. The NHS is seeking your feedback on two potential options.
- In option one all specialist inpatient services would be at the William Harvey Hospital (Ashford).
- In option two all specialist inpatient services would be at the Kent and Canterbury Hospital (Canterbury).
The NHS states that by making these changes they are hoping to achieve the following benefits for people:
- higher standards of care, better outcomes for patients
- consistently high-quality care seven days a week
- fewer operations cancelled
- shorter stays in hospital
- better recruitment and retention of staff