Want to work with us?
People's views come first - especially those who find it hardest to be heard. We champion what matters to you and work with others to find ideas that work. We are independent and committed to making the biggest difference to you.
If you are an organisation looking to work with us on a project, get in touch and tell us more.
Any current vacancies are listed below. If you have any questions please get in touch.
Communications & Marketing Officer
£24,000 Full Time | Permanent
Deadline: 5pm January 29th 2020
Do you have a flair for design? Do you work in communications? Are you looking for a new opportunity to make a difference to your community? Then we just might have the opportunity for you!
At Engaging Kent, we have an exciting and diverse portfolio and we’re looking for a Communications & Marketing Officer to help us bring our ideas to life and spread the word about the work that we do.
No two days are the same here! You will be part of a fast paced and evolving work environment that includes the work of award winning Healthwatch, engagement specialists Engage, and the voice of the user forums across Kent.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will be responsible for a range of projects and be able to make a real difference to the lives of people in Kent.
We are looking for someone who has a range of qualities including:
- Ability to deliver top quality design work that can reach new audiences
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for using social media to engage with diverse communities
- Top notch organisational skills
- Strong writing skills to appeal to a range of people
- Experience working within a similar role
- The ability to build and maintain excellent professional relationships with colleagues, both internally and externally.
- Confidence and experience to work under your own initiative, sometimes under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility. You will be working across a range of projects which are really varied. No two days will be the same
- Willingness to get stuck in. You’ll be part of a dynamic team and you will be expected to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively; able to listen and gather salient information to make effective decisions quickly
Engaging Kent is a Community Interest Company. We have a number of projects and we are passionate about making a difference to our communities both in Kent and beyond.
Engaging Kent and its employees work with a series of values which are intrinsic to our everyday work. They are:
- We are a responsive and supportive organisation
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our staff and volunteers
- We are always honest & transparent
- We are creative & innovative
- We are dynamic and committed
- We are continuously learning and developing
If you would like to be part of something different and join the Engaging Kent family then please take a read of the job description and get in touch with us.
The salary is £24,000 - £25,000 for full time hours depending on your experience. The office is based in Ashford but we operate a flexible working culture.
To apply please send your completed application form to Madara on firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5pm January 29th. To find out more about the role and how to apply, check out the job description below.