Want to work with us?
People's views come first - especially those who find it hardest to be heard. We champion what matters to you and work with others to find ideas that work. We are independent and committed to making the biggest difference to you.
If you are an organisation looking to work with us on a project, get in touch and tell us more.
Any current vacancies are listed below. If you have any questions please get in touch.
£32,000 Full Time | Permanent
Deadline: 10am March 16th
Are you passionate about helping people to get their voice heard?
Can you work with a wide range of diverse and different people?
Then we just might have the opportunity for you!
We need an enthusiastic, driven team player to join our family and support our work with a range of groups across Kent.
At Engaging Kent, we support the work of a variety of forums which are made up by the public. These include:
- The Older Peoples’ Forums
- Mental Health Forums
- The Kent Physical Disability Forum
- The Kent & Medway Foodbank Forum
We are seeking the right person to facilitate and support our Forums to ensure they are the best they can be. It’s vital to us that the voice of these Forums is heard by the right people at the right time and in the right way. We also want to ensure the Forums work together when appropriate on key issues and collective concerns.
As our Forum Manager, you will lead and drive all our work with Forums across Kent.
In return, you will be part of a fast paced, rewarding and flexible work environment.
We are looking for someone who has a range of qualities including:
- Strong facilitation and relationship skills
- Aptitude to work with a range of different people and communities
- Commitment to the values of patient/ public engagement and co-production
- Top notch organisational skills
- Experience working within a similar role, ideally within a health or social care background
- The ability to build and maintain excellent professional relationships with colleagues, both internally and externally.
- Confidence and experience to work under your own initiative, sometimes under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility. You will be working across a range of projects which are really varied. No two days will be the same
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively; able to listen and gather salient information to make effective decisions quickly
Engaging Kent is a Community Interest Company. We have a number of projects (including Healthwatch Medway) and we are passionate about making a difference to our communities both in Kent and beyond.
Engaging Kent and its employees work with a series of values which are intrinsic to our everyday work. They are:
- We are a responsive and supportive organisation
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our staff and volunteers
- We are always honest & transparent
- We are creative & innovative
- We are dynamic and committed
- We are continuously learning and developing
If you would like to be part of something different and join the Engaging Kent family then please take a read of the job description and get in touch with us.
The salary is between £32,000 to £35,000 for 37.5 hours a week depending on your experience.
To apply please send your completed application form to Madara on email@example.com. The deadline is 10am Monday 16th March 2020.
Interviews will be the following week and will be a two-part process including a presentation and a formal interview.
To find out more about the role and how to apply, check out the job description below.