Today we have published a report detailing feedback from 53 organisations who care for people across Medway. This includes Care Homes, Domiciliary providers and Personal Assistants. The report details what it has been like during COVID-19 and what lessons have been learnt.
The report highlights many individual stories and presents some clear themes including:
- The greatest concern right now is to keep people safe
- Personal Assistants clearly told us they felt left out and forgotten
- 45% of care homes told us they felt they did get the help & support they needed
- 69% of providers felt there were lessons to be learned including discharge from hospital, timely testing and better information for Personal Assistants
- 38% of providers explained that they did not always get the support from GPs that they needed
We've already shared everything we heard with Medway Council and Medway Maritime Hospital. We'll be working with them and other Medway organisations to ensure they listen and act upon the feedback.